Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things I didnt mention (yet)


So many wonderful things have come out of this horrible accident- for every thing that happens, I believe there's a reason and a lesson. I dont know what this one is, but I watch it unfold every day. People from as far away as New Zealand have called to express their concern for our horse, for our family and our friend Kelly who was Scribbles saving grace that day. People are loving, and caring- the outpouring from others is tremendous as they share their feelings, loss of their beloved pets- and success stories that give me hope!

People have asked why not put her down, she doesnt know any different? When we visited our broken horse on Saturday, and as I brushed the remaining dust from the mud off of her she gave me sweet low nickers to tell me she loved the feeling of brushing, being with someone. Horses are a herd animal, and we are part of her world, she a part of ours. On that fateful Friday, when the tree was lifted off of her, Dr Simon George said, "Get her up!"- Scribbles made a choice to fight this. WE as her family, Dr George as her caring vet, decided without much discussion that she was meant to be given another chance.

How does a horse in her condition ride for 90 minutes in a trailer to get to the care she needs? I dont know, but Scribbles did it.

Kelly calls her the little horse that could- and that she is, the little horse that could and will survive this!!

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying hard for Scribbles. Such an amazing horse she is.

    ReplyDelete