Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 1st, 2010


My friend Kelly had been at the barn, with their family horse Missy, for about 3 months. Kelly and I had become fast friends, and as a stay at home mom and survivor of a major back injury- Kelly would come during the week to clean the barn. Something she loves to do, time to be with the horses, relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility in the barn. Her and I just hit it off, and I told her teasingly, "you can never leave me"- I knew she was a true friend- with a family to match!


October 1st was a typical New England fall day. The weatherman predicted rain and strong winds. I went off to my job, which I love, in Milford, and Kelly came to the barn to do her usual routine. My parents who are retired live next door. My dad, Joe, walks his dog, Kaylee through our yards and always stops to visit and say hi to Kelly, the horses and my friend Allison's little goats. The weather started to turn, so Joe headed home. Kelly decided to stay and unload her grain and our shavings that she picked up for us (because she's so thoughtful)

No comments:

Post a Comment