Wednesday, October 6, 2010

July 2009


In July of 2009, my friend Sherri called to ask if I could take another horse in my barn. Early on a Sunday evening, with two stall free, I said yeah, sure, who is it? It was Chester, found starving and hundreds of pounds underweight by his previous loving owner. She tearfully asked for him back, and within the next couple of hours he was delivered to my barn- a new horse Chester, and new friends, Dawn, Bryan and Caitlin.


Two days later I visited the farm in Windham that Chester had come from. Dawn said there were other horses in deplorable condition there. My daughter Amy and I chose Scribbles... leaving one horse sadly behind, able only to take one.


Dr Simon George came out to do a thorough exam on both horses, and advise Dawn and I how to fatten up and strengthen our weak and hungry horses. After much hand walking, good food and plenty of hay, our horses gained hundreds of pounds within months.


In the spring of 2010 I sent my frisky horse with newfound energy to my friend Joan's house, for the best training a horse could have. Resistant at first, Scribbles finally gave in to her training and became a wonderful student. Two months later, I anxiously brought our girl back home- she missed us.


I spent the remainder of late spring, all summer and early fall riding Scribbles with Karen, Kelly and Teresa- and was so amazed and proud at how this 700 pound bag of skin and bones, was now my 1000 pound trusty trail horse- with a shining white and sorrel coat. I was so proud of our girl- a love on the ground and under saddle.


A job well done Miss Scribbles- good eater, good student, good trail buddy- what more could a mom want?? Welcome home, Scribbles our BBG

No comments:

Post a Comment