Monday, November 1, 2010

A month ago today


 Tonight I wrote more thankyou's for the love and support from others- friends old and new who wrote to wish us well, and send hope to Scribbles. It's appreciated more than I can possibly put into words, but I continue to try!!
                                                                              
 Somehow my wonderful husband (who has been my love for 31 years) thought to go  online to find our wedding song on You Tube.  Our wedding song brings me back to being 18, and before that- growing up in the 70's in a rural part of town.
We listened to Melanie over and over, and our wedding song is from Melanie's album, StoneGround Words~    "Together Alone".  So for those of you who are old and hippie enough to remember Melanie, and Brand New Key and Lay Down- and on and on- it brings back memories of being so young.  (Thanks mom and dad for my inner crunchy hippie animal loving spirit!!)  

Hearing the songs, it is very sweet and emotional,  as I am so thankful for the support of my husband with his horse-crazy wife- I brought Scribbles home without asking, knowing I couldnt leave her where she was.  Phil instantly connected with her, and we both wanted to save this little horse, not knowing she'de be saved twice by so many!  So as I was deep in thought about Scribbles journey this last month, and how thankful I am, leave it to Phil to put on a song to bring tears to my eyes!

Okay, enough of the mushy stuff...   Back to Scribbles, First picture:  here she is the day of the accident, Friday, Oct 1st standing up with Dr Georges encouragement, then on October 3rd at Myhre...

And lastly,  here she is at home, her first night home with our trusty lab, Max,  to welcome her- and wait patiently in front of her stall to pick up any treats she may drop! 
Welcome Home Scribbles!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. While that must have been the longest month of your life, it is amazing the difference in just 30 days. I remember Melanie! I think the music from our youth will always strike a chord.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 years. 30 days. Indescribable moments. Memories that will never be forgotten. Made more precious with each passing day. Congratulations on your milestones!

    And we hope Max DID find some dropped treats!

    xxoo
    Jake and Fergi

    (Pee ess ... Come read on our blog about the Second Annual Worldwide Moment ... you might want to participate this year ... on Nov 14. We'll certainly have Scribbles in mind as we do!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Scribbles is doing so well at home with Max for company. She has done so well.

    Molly, Taffy and MOnty

    ReplyDelete